Since its launch, Elementor Page Builder has received much exposure in the WordPress community. However, many people are still not aware that such a popular design solution is available for free. Learn how to install Elementor and reap the benefits of this powerful tool.
Users of WordPress should get acquainted with this advanced design solution.
What is Elementor for WordPress?
Elementor is a free WordPress page builder that allows you to create beautiful WordPress websites most quickly and easily possible. It is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress that lets you do several things. This review of Elementor discusses how the WordPress user can benefit from this plugin and page builder.
Elementor is unique in that you can reach a high level of design while designing live and on the frontend of your site.
Elementor is the only and first frontend page builder that offers unlimited design possibilities. It offers plenty of useful widgets, a library of beautifully designed templates, a visual revision history feature, and a unique mobile editing toolset. These are only some of the available features in this free plugin.
How does Elementor work?
Elementor is a page builder plugin that is a replacement for the basic WordPress editor with a live frontend editor. It allows you to create visually complex layouts and design live your website, without having to switch between the editor and the preview mode. This page builder allows you to reach a high-end quality of design without having to use code or CSS, and without depending on developers for help.
The user friendly is extremely friendly as it takes only a few minutes to get the hang of it. Elementor was built using the latest technology, which is being updated steadily since it was launched in June 2016, so the whole page builder is optimized and fast responding. This means that dragging and dropping widgets are without any lag time if done instantly.
How do I use Elementor Free?
Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress that allows you to do several things.
- Elementor lets you create unique and original-looking posts and pages, compared with the standard post/page templates that come with your WordPress.
- You get a 100% separate interface that you can use working on your posts and pages. The bulk of your work will not happen in the standard block editor of WordPress.
- Everything can be done through a handy user-facing interface, without requiring any skills in HTML/CSS/PHP/coding.
- Elementor works on the frontend of your website, showing you the outcomes of your right away in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
- You can use Elementor to create any content layout or page layout regardless of what your current WordPress theme allows you to do.
Putting everything together, the main advantage of using Elementor is that you can create impressive page layouts or designs even if you are not a professional with no experience with site-building.
This comes very, especially when you are on a tight budget, and you cannot afford to hire someone to help you with your site.
Features and Benefits of Elementor
Elementor comes equipped with several useful elements:
- There is a min page building functionality.
- There are more than 90 content elements or modules to choose from – headings, images, carousels, buttons, counters, testimonials, progress bars, and more.
- Almost everything works with drag-and-drop. You can take any element and move it to a new sport by dragging it across the screen.
- ‘What you see is what you get’ – The version of the page you see in the interface of Elementor is exactly what your visitors will see, unlike when working the old-school way with HTML and CSS.
- All pages are mobile responsive and SEO-friendly.
- There is a library of ready-to-use page templates that can be modified and imported. Currently, there are more than 150 free and more than 300 pro templates available. You can also save your templates.
- If you are using the Pro version of Elementor, the Theme Builder feature is available for your use, which allows you to modify the core elements of your theme, such as header, footer, single post template, and blog archives.
The core functionality of the plugin is to let you build, modify, and adjust your pages freely and see the outcome in real-time.
The live preview features mean that you don’t have to wonder what your page will look like when published, which is the standard scenario with native WordPress pages that are very theme-dependent.
Elementor allows you to take advantage of various content elements or modules, which you can place anywhere on the page. You can rearrange those elements with drag-and-drop support.
The available content elements include headlines, text paragraphs, images, videos, dividers, buttons, spacers, image galleries, icons, shortcodes, and more. You can also use whatever widgets you have saved on your WordPress site.
Also, Elementor gives you full access to display settings. This is where you are allowed to change the backgrounds, padding values, margins, fonts, default colors, and more. On top of that, there is a full revision history that lets you revert to a previous version of the page in case you messed something up, and you are not sure how to fix it.
How do I enable Elementor in WordPress?
Elementor is automatically enabled after you install the plugin. However, if it is not yet enabled, or if you disabled the plugin, you can always go to the WordPress plugin page on the dashboard, choose Elementor, and press the button to activate.
The Elementor page builder offers limitless design possibilities. Installing the Elementor WordPress page builder is quite easy. There are two options to do so.
Installing from the Elementor Website
Go to the elementor.com and click on the “Free Download” button, which is located on the top of the page. There will be a popup box that will appear where you will enter your email. You have the option to put your email in, or click on the “no thanks, I just want to download Elementor” link. The download will automatically start.
You can proceed now to your WordPress website and log in. After entering the WordPress Admin area, you can now click on Plugins > Add New. Then click on the “Upload Plugin” button, and you choose the file you have just downloaded for Elementor.
Installing from the WordPress Dashboard
How to install Elementor from the WordPress dashboard is easy. From your WordPress dashboard, you can click Plugins > Add New. Go to the Search field, enter Elementor, and choose Elementor page builder to install. Install and activate the plugin.
You are now all set. You can build your site using the Elementor WordPress page builder.